HEY everybody so we are in INDIA and we now have inernet because the first few days we didn't. But it's been a wonderful couple of days for sure, The flights were extremely long. Steve slept pretty much the whole way and I didn't even sleep a wink even after taking tylenol PM, epich fail. We did also miss our connection from dehli to chennai because the ticket guy was in so not a hurry to print out our tickets. Ha but I've found that is pretty much the indian people. Not in a hurry for a lot of things. India is by far the most extreme place that I have been too so far. There is no happy medium for anything, it is always extremely hot, either you are super poor or super rich, the food is extreme and there are so many extreme colors. But i really love seeing the culture in full force. BUt now onto the greatest stuff. The Kids are amazing! They are so sweet and just want to be your instant friend. Their names are ridiculously hard to remember or understand but I'm really trying hard. The boys absolutely love steve. At play time he has three boys on his shoulders running around playing soccer it's so fun to watch. The daily schedule pretty much goes like this. We split up into groups and go to different places around campus and in the leprosy colonies. We haven't been to the leprosy colonies yet because yesterday there was a death and they are giving the people time to grieve. Then we come home play with the kids have dinner and then split up into families and have family time before sending the kids to bed. It's been so so awesome. The girls that are in my family are so sweet. One girl tongiht we just sang church hymns for an hour straight. She loves it. It's so funnny. Oh PS I swear we've almost died on the road every time we lease. But I'm convinced there is somehow a method to the madness of all the traffic here. I'll have to analyze that a little more and get back to you. Well we are off to bed. But I'll be back soon with hopefully some more cool experiences to share.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
HEY everybody so we are in INDIA and we now have inernet because the first few days we didn't. But it's been a wonderful couple of days for sure, The flights were extremely long. Steve slept pretty much the whole way and I didn't even sleep a wink even after taking tylenol PM, epich fail. We did also miss our connection from dehli to chennai because the ticket guy was in so not a hurry to print out our tickets. Ha but I've found that is pretty much the indian people. Not in a hurry for a lot of things. India is by far the most extreme place that I have been too so far. There is no happy medium for anything, it is always extremely hot, either you are super poor or super rich, the food is extreme and there are so many extreme colors. But i really love seeing the culture in full force. BUt now onto the greatest stuff. The Kids are amazing! They are so sweet and just want to be your instant friend. Their names are ridiculously hard to remember or understand but I'm really trying hard. The boys absolutely love steve. At play time he has three boys on his shoulders running around playing soccer it's so fun to watch. The daily schedule pretty much goes like this. We split up into groups and go to different places around campus and in the leprosy colonies. We haven't been to the leprosy colonies yet because yesterday there was a death and they are giving the people time to grieve. Then we come home play with the kids have dinner and then split up into families and have family time before sending the kids to bed. It's been so so awesome. The girls that are in my family are so sweet. One girl tongiht we just sang church hymns for an hour straight. She loves it. It's so funnny. Oh PS I swear we've almost died on the road every time we lease. But I'm convinced there is somehow a method to the madness of all the traffic here. I'll have to analyze that a little more and get back to you. Well we are off to bed. But I'll be back soon with hopefully some more cool experiences to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have a blog?! YAY! Happy to hear your trip is going well and you made it there safely (now just make it back home safely!) We miss you at the CPCU!
ReplyDelete